header

Followers

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Stephen Frears, the Tamara Drewe director talks about composer Alexandre Desplat


Director Stephen Frears comments on how he came across Alexandre Desplat and how the Tamara Drewe theme tune came into being:

“I was drawn to Alexandre because he writes the music for the films of Jacques Audiard, a director I particularly admire”.

“I think Alexandre first said the film didn’t need music. Then he said the score should be made up of percussion. Then one night Alexandre and I were at a dinner in Berlin when he came up to me, hummed something to me, and said: “That’s Tamara Drewe”. As usual, I had no idea what he was singing. It was in fact the scurrying marimba tune that you hear first in the main titles of the score”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive